Thursday 12 April 2018

Canberra Marathon this Sunday

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, April 12, 2018 with
For Sunday's marathon I plan to be near the entrance to Weston Park between 7:00am and 9:00am where the 16k and 20k marks are.
I don't intend having a jog myself, but I will cheer on the marathoners and the utra runners as they come through.
Some we may see coming through are Sandeep, Giles, James, Cookie, Ruth, Jennie, Thommo, Michael, Shuji, Jinny, Shane and Bill. Jeff Grey too, who is doing the ultra.


Giles should be easy to spot.

The weather forecast looks promising; certainly not too hot on Sunday after heatwave conditions all week.

If you are not running the marathon, at training tonight we will be running under lights at Parliament House. 5:30pm warm-up as usual. I will probably go for a jog at 4:30pm first.